London: 6 February 2018
For immediate release
Association of MBAs welcomes Professor Bodo Schlegelmilch as Chairman of its International Management Board
Professor Bodo Schlegelmilch has been elected Chairman of the International Management Board of the Association of MBAs (AMBA), following the retirement of Len Jones, who had been Chairman of the organisation since 2012.
Professor Schlegelmilch, who became Chairman at AMBA’s International Management Board Meeting on Friday 2 February 2018, was the Founding Dean of WU Executive Academy, at Vienna University of Economics and Business from 2004 until 2015 and remains Professor of International Management and Marketing at the School.
He has taught executive education programmes for Business Schools (including Kellogg, Keio, ESADE, St Gallen, Indian School of Business and Sun Yat-sen) in approximately 30 countries on six continents; and he has conducted Board Level workshops for numerous corporations, including Baxter, Cable & Wireless Communication, Unicredit, Degussa, Eli Lilly, Johnson & Johnson, KPMG, Merck Sharp & Dohme, Schlumberger, Stinnes and Sunkyong.
He has also held roles at Deutsche Bank and Procter & Gamble and is a former Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of International Marketing.
Professor Schlegelmilch said: My predecessor, Len Jones, skillfully maneuvered AMBA through a series of challenges and instigated fundamental reforms. With that, he prepared the ground for an organisation which is now more capable than ever to shape the direction of management education.
‘As the new Chair of AMBA, I am looking forward to working with my colleagues on the Board and with our CEO, Andrew Main Wilson, to continue this momentum and strengthen AMBA further in times of paradigmatic technological developments and the rapidly changing competitive landscape of Business Schools.’
AMBA’s constitution stipulates that a Chairman must step from the Board after six continuous years.
Jones leaves AMBA in the strongest position in its 51-year history, with the number of AMBA-accredited Business Schools, reaching 255 in more than 75 countries; and student and graduate membership having increased by 500%, to 32,000 in the past three years.
Addressing Business School Deans and directors during his farewell speech at AMBA’s Gala Dinner on 2 February, Jones said: ‘It has been a real honour to represent AMBA and it is an experience I shall always cherish. I believe in Business Schools; they all have individual identities and are practicing their own particular brand of learning through their unique philosophies of education.’
But he added: ‘Business Schools are going to have to work harder to differentiate themselves from competitors and provide relevant content. Supporting this is the work we will we continue to do at AMBA, and this is exciting and pertinent.’
For more information, interview opportunities and images contact David Woods-Hale, Head of Communications at email@example.com
The Association of MBAs is the impartial authority on postgraduate management education and is committed to raising its profile and quality standards internationally for the benefit of business schools, students and alumni and employers.
AMBA established that vision in 1967 and it's as relevant today as it was more than 50 years ago:
- Our accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and Master's degrees, currently accrediting programmes from the top 2% of business schools in more than 70 countries.
- We are the only professional membership association that connects MBA students and graduates, accredited business schools and MBA employers throughout the world.
- Through our proprietary research centre we produce a rich body of reports exploring global trends in the sector and drivers of thought leadership.
- Networking opportunities online and in person are offered across all continents with corporate partners, alongside access to a database of career advice and knowledge and an MBA jobs portal.
- Accredited business schools, their students and alumni are provided with access to a range of exclusive services and benefits, including superior world-class events and training.
- All of our diverse stakeholder groups are integrated through contributions to our online community.