Going global: thriving in an international career
Where do you hope your career will take you post MBA? Mumbai? New York? Bangkok? Paris? Singapore? Increasingly international experience is seen by many companies as a prerequisite for more senior leadership roles.
If your career choice is to work in the corporate sector for an international or multi-national company then it is likely the international question will occur at some point – perhaps even at interview. It is wise therefore to have given the whole question of international mobility some consideration.
This webinar is designed to spark your thinking and help you to answer the following questions:
- How does an international lifestyle appeal to me personally and professionally?
- What are the opportunities of international relocation from both a professional and personal perspective?
- What are employers looking for in an international employee?
- What are the potential hotspots and pitfalls?
- What questions should I be asking when talking to a company about an international position or career?
- How can I ensure that I utilize an international opportunity to proactively manage my career?
- What happens if I have a partner/family who I’d like to come too?
Please note you must be a logged-in member of the AMBA community to book your free place, if you have any questions about your eligibility, or how to access the Community, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Louise Wiles: Relocation Coach and Author
Louise Wiles is Director of Thriving Abroad and co-author of THRIVING ABROAD: The definitive guide to professional and personal relocation success, written for employees considering or embarking on an international assignment. Louise has combined practical know-how gained from seven international relocations and twenty years living abroad, with academic qualifications and professional experience in training, coaching and occupational psychology to develop a suite of relocation support programmes for employees undertaking their own international journey.
Louise is a member of the Association for Coaching, a Graduate member of the British Psychological Society and holds an MSc in Occupational Psychology from the University of Leicester UK.
You can purchase a copy of THRIVING ABROAD from the AMBA Book Club
Date: 22 February 2018
Time: 13.00 to 14.00 GMT
Is this event for me: This event is free for AMBA members to attend but registration is required. To register please log on to the Community using the link above.
If you have any queries related to the event please get in touch with:
Global Events Executive
+44 (0)20 7246 2671 | email@example.com