The Association of MBAs won the ‘Best Association Conference Award – under 500 attendees’ at The Association Excellence Awards 2018 on Friday 12 October in London.
On 15-17 May 2017, the Association of MBAs celebrated its 50th Anniversary and its flagship event in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The most eminent figures in management education shared and discussed their views on issues affecting Business Schools globally under the conference theme ‘views from the top’.
With no outsourced support, AMBA proudly managed the event completely in-house, attracting more delegates, more sponsors, more media interest and more high-profile speakers than ever before in its 50-year history. AMBA organised a world-class event and attracted 300 attendees and contributors included experts such as Peter Thomson, President of the United Nations General Assembly and Indra Nooyi, Chief Executive Officer of PepsiCo.
In addition to organising a successful event, AMBA also produced a post-event edition of its award-winning magazine, Ambition.
Leah Carter, Global Head of Events (pictured in the middle) at AMBA said: ‘I’m really proud of my team for their contributions in aiding us to win "Best Association Conference Award – under 500 attendees" at The Association Excellence Awards for our 50th Global Conference in Dubai.
'At AMBA, we work incredibly hard to make our events memorable and a great experience for all attending and therefore it is extremely humbling to be recognised for all of our efforts.’
The Association Excellence Awards judging panel said: 'For its 50th Anniversary the Association of MBAs wanted to have the strongest programme in its history, attract more delegates than ever before, and meet challenging commercial targets. They wholeheartedly achieved this.
'The judges said this was a very good focused submission. The successes were clear and well set out – meeting financial targets, obtaining strong speakers, good social media support and had an excellent use of external research.'
AMBA’s next Global Conference will take place in Istanbul, Turkey from 13-15 May 2019. Its speakers will include some of the world’s leading Deans and CEOs, plus insights and examples of some of the most powerful emerging technologies set to revolutionise management education.
For more information or interviews, please contact:
The Association of MBAs is the impartial authority on postgraduate management education and is committed to raising its profile and quality standards internationally for the benefit of Business Schools, students, alumni, and employers. AMBA established that vision in 1967 and it's as relevant today as it was more than 50 years ago:
- Our accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA, and Master's degrees, currently accrediting programmes from the top 2% of Business Schools in more than 70 countries.
- We are the only professional membership association that connects MBA students and graduates, accredited Business Schools, and MBA employers throughout the world.
- Through our proprietary research centre, we produce a rich body of reports exploring global trends in the sector and drivers of thought leadership.
- Networking opportunities online and in person are offered across all continents with corporate partners, alongside access to a database of career advice and knowledge and an MBA jobs portal.
- Accredited Business Schools and their students and alumni are provided with access to a range of exclusive services and benefits, including superior world-class events and training.
- All of our diverse stakeholder groups are integrated through contributions to our online community.