MBA Awards 2014
The AMBA Awards celebrate MBAs at the forefront of leadership excellence. To recognise the talents and contributions made by accredited schools and their students to the MBA arena and the wider community, the Association of MBAs presents three annual awards to outstanding business schools, start-ups and students who represent the true value of accredited MBA programmes. All our awards are designed to be entered or nominated by our accredited business schools.
Meet the 2014 Winners and Finalists
||2014 AMBA Award winners with their trophies at the AMBA Awards & Gala Dinner on 30 October 2014:
Hult International Business School representative Rebecca Churchill, Executive Director London (left); the business school won this year's MBA Innovation Award;
Marta Rodrigues Cordeiro e Cunha, MBA Student of the Year 2014, graduate of Porto Business School (centre);
Grainne Barron, founder of Viddyad, graduate of UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School (right), winner of the MBA Entrepreneurial Venture Award.
The Independent MBA Student of the Year Award WINNER:
Marta Rodrigues Cordeiro e Cunha
Porto Business School
- Chris Cornell, Kent Business School
- Guðmundur Ingi Þorvaldsson, Reykjavík University Business School
- Steve Kelly, UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
- Anca Mandruleanu, Kingston Business School
- Varun Tyagi, IE Business School
Find out more about these exceptional MBAs.
The MBA Entrepreneurial Venture Award WINNER:
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
- Paulo Nogueira, Porto Business School
- Thomas Sychterz, HEC Montréal (Montréal, Québec, Canada)
- Dr Mehran Zarrebini, University of Stellenbosch Business School
Read more about the nominees.
MBA Innovation Award WINNER:
Hult International Business School
- Warwick Business School
- Grenoble Ecole de Management
- Maastricht School of Management
See the innovations which made them stand out.
About the event
The Awards & Gala Dinner is a prestigious gathering of business school leaders, distinguished MBA alumni and journalists. It is a key opportunity in the business school year to come together over food and music to network and to celebrate the successes of our accredited schools, students and alumni.
Click here for more information and to book your place >>
The Independent MBA Student of the Year Award
- Houtan Froushan, Head of Recruitment and Education – The Independent
- Len Jones, Association of MBAs Chairman
- Mark Sanderson, Senior Manager Global Initiatives – JV: Nike Foundation and Department for International Development
- Jamie Wells, Industry Head - Retail – Google
The MBA Entrepreneurial Venture Award
- Hugh Chappell, Serial Entrepreneur, Advisor & Investor
- Simo Dragicevic, Founder and CEO – Bet Buddy
- Simon Jenner, CEO – Oxygen Accelerator
MBA Innovation Award
- George Ioannou, Professor of Operations Management – Athens University of Economics and Business
- Sir Paul Judge, President – AMBA
- Peter Lacy, Managing Director – Accenture
Join the conversation
Highlights from AMBA Awards and Gala Dinner 2014